Associates in Library Science
Dona Ana Community College, Las Cruces, New Mexico. 2012-2014.
Concurrently earned the ALA-Library Support Staff Certification
Masters of Water Resources with hydroscience concentrationUniversity of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico. 2003-2005.
B.S. in Environmental Science with mathematics and geoscience minorsMcMurry University, Abilene, Texas. 1996-2000.
Completed Library Science Degree Coursework
- Intro to Library Careers
- Reference and Informaton Resources
- Intro to Public Service in Libraries
- Fundamentals of Library Supervision
- Cataloging Basics
- Grant Writing for Libraries
- Intro to Technical Services
- Collection Management & Development
- Technology Planning in Libraries
- Internet Resources & Research Strategies
- School Library Media Specialist
- Boys and Books
- Children's Books and Movie Adaptations
- Historical Fiction for Children
- Banned Books
- Multimedia Materials and Presentations
- Civic Involvement in Library Science
- Cooperative Experience
- Library Science Capstone Course
Other Library Courses, Certifications, Exams, and Awards
New Mexico Library Association College Scholarship, June 2014. The NMLA College Scholarship supports undergraduate college work towards an associate’s degree in Library Science leading to certification as well as undergraduate or graduate study toward a teacher-librarian endorsement.
State of New Mexico Grade II Librarian Certification, May 2014. Grade II Certification is required for the chief librarian (director) of communities having populations of 10,000 – 15,000, as shown by the last federal decennial census.
American Library Association course- Getting to the Core: Librarians and Common Core State Standards, Summer 2013.
New Mexico Assessment of Teacher Basic Skills Exam results. The NMTA Basic Skills Exam is designed to measure fundamental communication and mathematical skills that New Mexico requires of classroom educators and that are needed to effectively complete a New Mexico educator preparation program.